2022-2024 CCW Officers
Fr. Seth Brown
Meetings are held September-May on the second Tuesday of the month at 8:45 AM in the church social room.
Duties of the CCW
· Holds a monthly meeting, conducts a business meeting with a spiritual lesson or speaker, time to socialize, etc.
· Purchases flowers for decorating the Church year round
· Hosts an Advent party in December; First Communion/Confirmation party in the spring; graduation party in May; feast day celebration in March.
· Serves at all funeral dinners
· Buys candles, altar linens, cassocks, supplies, etc. for the altar/sanctuary
· Provides cleaning supplies and misc supplies for the kitchen
· Social secretary sends out greeting cards
There are no scheduled committees. When the need arises, a call will be put out and members can work together.
The purposes of NCCW shall be the following:
1. To unite Catholic women of the United States, to develop their spiritual growth and leadership potential, and to motivate and to assist them to act upon current issues in the Church and Society.
2. To be a medium through which the Catholic women of the United States may speak and act on matters of common interest.
3. To be a representative Catholic women’s organization to relate to other national and international organizations in the solution of present day problems.
4. To unite with the Church and its teachings.
Service Commission ~ engages the members of NCCW, and all people, in working to address the needs and concerns of their individual communities; and supports and enhances family life within the Church and society.eds and concerns of their individual communities; and supports and enhances family life within the Church and society.
Leadership Commission ~ provides organization development, opportunities for training, as well as public relations resources, and publications to strengthen leadership
Spirituality Commission ~ reinforces faith and supports service to the Church and to the world through discipleship and spiritual growth; and encourages legislative advocacy at the local, state, and national levels, guided by Catholic social teaching.
Prayer to Our Lady of Good Counsel
God of heavenly wisdom you have given us Mary, Mother of Jesus, to be our guide and counselor.
Grant that we may always seek her motherly help in this life and so enjoy her blessed presence in the life to come.
O Mother of Good Counsel, Patroness of the National Council of Catholic Women, intercede for us, that we may be wise, courageous and loving leaders of the Church, Help us, dear mother, to know the mind of Jesus, your son.
May the Holy Spirit fill us with reverence for God’s creation, and compassion for all God’s Children.
May our labors of love on earth enhance the reign of God and may God’s gifts of faith and living hope prepare us for the fullness of the world to come.